I am so very, very blessed in my life. Some times you just have to take a minute to be grateful. I am thankful:
- That my mom just woke me up at 4 a.m. because she needed to use the bathroom. I am so grateful that she is alive-we came so close to losing her so many times these past few months. She is getting healthier and stronger by leaps and bounds daily. I am so grateful that I was able to get off work to be able to be there for her. I am thankful too that I have both of my legs, that I am healthy and strong and able to help. Most of all, I am so grateful for the love and gratitude in her eyes. I know not everyone is so lucky to have their moms anymore, and not everyone has the wonderful loving relationship we share. For this, I am truly grateful.
- For my parents’ ice-maker. Yummy refreshing iced tea with as much ice as I want, any old time!
- For my kids who have been testing their teen limits lately. They had to make a huge adjustment in moving in with their grandparents. They had to put most of their stuff in storage and feel like long-term guests. Liliana gave up her haven of pink teen coolness, while Matty gave up his room that we made into a jungle, complete with mural on the wall and stuffed monkeys swinging on vines across the ceiling, and a mosquito netting canopy over his bed that I had hot glued rubber bugs on. I am grateful that they have been so understanding and supportive and loving toward their grandparents. I am even grateful for the arguing, because they can actually make a thoughtful and passionate case for what they want. (But no Matty, you are not going to see Disturbia, even if it is less violent than Heroeswhich is on regular t.v. Liliana, if you are willing to write me an essay detailing why you need to have your cartilage on your ear pierced, detailing how you are willing to take care of it and prevent infection, I will reconsider my position.) They are smart, good kids and I am very lucky.
- For Prince Charming (finally) mailing the child support that we are living on. I know not everyone even gets the ridiculously paltry and unrealistic (wait! this is a gratitude list! must focus!) amount we get. I am happy that he (usually) remembers to send it. I am also grateful that we are going through a smoother time in our relationship and are both focusing on putting the kids’ needs first.
- For my wonderful friends who are still close even though I have moved clear across town and have 0% free time. They are understanding and always offering to help. They always listen and they love me. I am truly blessed.
- For my own health, and for the new awareness I have of the importance of the care and keeping of me. I have a great parks and rec health weight/cardio room right nearby that has great hours (I can go really early before I have to get mom out of bed and take the kids to school.) and my 3-month pass was only $35. Woot!
- For Liliana going to work out with me at the butt crack of dawn.
- That the Whopper eggs, Starburst jelly beans, Reese’s chocolate bunnies and Milky Way eggs that are finally all eaten by everyone and OUT OF THE HOUSE not to make their sugary return till next year. And finally…
- For my new blog and all the wonderful Internet-friends I’ve made and all the support they’ve given me. I am lucky to know all these smart, funny, articulate women that I can so relate to, and to have a place to get out my thoughts and read theirs. I think I’m gonna like it here! (Thank you Miss Zoot for making it purty for us and telling us about it!)